Thank you for your support for Homes for Homes.
Homes for Homes is carefully designed to enable a participating property to be sold, the vendor to donate and for the property to continue to participate in Homes for Homes.
Put simply this is done by the ‘permissive’ caveat staying on the title of a property when the property is sold and transferred to a new owner.
The property remains registered triggering a donation by the vendor every time the property is sold in the future.
If you’re selling a property that is participating in Homes for Homes, simply follow these steps to assist in a smooth sale and settlement process:
Disclose Homes for Homes in your Contract of Sale (as a Special Condition)
When a ‘Homes for Homes’ registered property is being sold, it is important that any prospective purchasers are aware of the property’s participation in Homes for Homes.
Please advise your conveyancer / solicitor to include a ‘Special Condition’ in the Contract of Sale.
Register your sale with Homes for Homes (and receive consent confirmation, if required)
As outlined in, and by signing, the Homes for Homes Donation Deed, Homes for Homes:
- Agrees to provide the Donor (property owner) with a DGR Tax Receipt for your donation, when Homes for Homes has received necessary sale related Details (below) and the Donation.
- Consents to any transfer, mortgage or other dealings (Consent).
Please complete the online form below to allow Homes for Homes to:
- Update the property’s Homes for Homes registration details;
- Issue a Tax Deductible Donation Receipt; and
- If the vendor, purchaser, a Land Titles Office or mortgagee requires, provide written confirmation of Homes for Homes’ consent to a transfer of land, mortgage or other dealing.
Please select the state your property is located in from the list available.