Thank you for your support for Homes for Homes.
Homes for Homes is carefully designed to enable a participating property to be sold, the vendor to donate and for the property to continue to participate in Homes for Homes.
Put simply this is done by the ‘permissive’ caveat staying on the title of a property when the property is sold and transferred to a new owner.
The property remains registered triggering a donation by the vendor every time the property is sold in the future.
If you’re selling a property that is participating in Homes for Homes, simply follow these steps to assist in a smooth sale and settlement process:
Disclose Homes for Homes in your Contract of Sale (as a Special Condition)
When a ‘Homes for Homes’ registered property is being sold, it is important that any prospective purchasers are aware of the property’s participation in Homes for Homes.
Please advise your conveyancer / solicitor to include a ‘Special Condition’ in the Contract of Sale.
Register your sale with Homes for Homes (and receive consent confirmation, if required)
As outlined in, and by signing, the Homes for Homes Donation Deed, Homes for Homes:
- Agrees to provide the Donor (property owner) with a DGR Tax Receipt for your donation, when Homes for Homes has received necessary sale related Details (below) and the Donation.
- Consents to any transfer, mortgage or other dealings (Consent).
Please complete the online form below to allow Homes for Homes to:
- Update the property’s Homes for Homes registration details;
- Issue a Tax Deductible Donation Receipt; and
- If the vendor, purchaser, a Land Titles Office or mortgagee requires, provide written confirmation of Homes for Homes’ consent to a transfer of land, mortgage or other dealing.
Making your Homes for Homes Donation
As part of the settlement of your property, you have agreed to make a donation to Homes for Homes of 0.1% of the property sale price. Your donation will contribute to increasing the supply of social and affordable housing. Thank you.
To assist you to calculate the correct donation, please refer to our online donation calculator. Please note you must first register your property sale with Homes for Homes here. If you have registered your sale, your donation can be paid by cheque, money order or EFT as follows:
Cheque or Money Order
Please send your cheque, or money order and Homes for Homes Donation Cover Note to:
Homes for Homes Limited
GPO Box 4911
Melbourne VIC 3001
EFT (online transfer)
Please request your unique EFT reference number by filling the online form above and pay donation into the bank account below including your unique EFT Reference.
Name: Homes For Homes Limited
BSB: 033 002
Account: 794 669
Homes for Homes will issue a DGR Tax Receipt by mail to the Property Address of the Donor provided in the registration of your sale, when:
- Donation funds have cleared; and
- You have registered your sale with Homes for Homes (click here).
Thank you for making your contribution to assist Australians in need.